Tuesday 11 November 2014

My Makeup style & tips

I like makeup and for those of you who don't know me well enough, I love art/drawing/painting etc. My face is my canvas and I use to it to practice my makeup, unless I have a willing volunteer which is rarely the case. Oh sister, wherefore art thou?!

Makeup can turn an ugly duckling into a beautiful swan or a man into a woman. It can take you from drab to fab ,but if not done properly, it can make you look ghastly. I think everyone should develop their own style because what works for you, may not work for me and vice versa, but it also helps getting tips from the pros. I'm a huge fan of highlight and contour and I've watched a lot of videos tryna get tips and tricks to do it. I decided to get my gadgets and doohickeys together and practice the highlight contour on this little canvas of mine. Here are the results.




Oops, wrong pics... nope, those are supposed to be there. This is what I look like on a daily basis, face moisturizer, kajol and lipgloss and I'm good to go. If you see me walking down the road or driving around, this is the me you're gonna see, so let it sink in.


as you can see, a little, foundation, powder, eyeshadow, eyeliner, mascara and lip colour goes a looong way.




Is this the same person in the first three pics? Yes it is. This is the highlight and contour I've been going on about. The tips to get a great highlight and contour are simple: get foundation in your shade, in a few shades lighter than your own and in a few shades darker than your own. It should look something like this (p.s. I'm not the person in the next pic ;))


see what I mean? :) The first and last pics tell a whole new story.
Apply the 3 different shades in the following areas (as per your face):



Follow these tips to get the highlight and contour to suit your face and play around a bit to get the look for you. I did and I'm still doing & having fun with it.
                                           Until my next post mwahugs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment